Sunday, January 17, 2010

Interview with Brother Shazly and Madam Affidia :D

Okay... now, let us dig out what and how is the life as pharmacist... Miss Genta peeped out here and there to see who were free.. And finally, I managed to meet the couple of the year, introduced you..(drum roll please!! ) here come.. Brother Shazly and Sister Affidia..




Miss Genta : (Tok tok tok!) knocking the door...

Bro Shazly : Yes, come in

Miss Genta : Assalamualaikum sister... (excited state) .. Sorry to disturb.. Actually, we have an assignment regarding IT project... bla3.. (already cut some of the conversation hehe =P.. too long! ) and i would like to ask you several questions regarding career as pharmacist.. Who knows maybe this will benefit many people.. It may give clearer view for secondary school students as well as current pharmacy students about pharmacy career..m(^_______^ )

Sis Affidia : What? Interview..? Huhuhuhuhu.. Okay..

Miss Genta : First and foremost, may you introduced your education background?

Sis Affidia : After sitting for SPM as pure science student, I joined IIUM under matriculation, taking pharmacy program. Then, I pursued my B. Pharm in IIUM Kuantan.

Miss Genta : What makes you to learn about pharmacy?

Sis Affidia : After SPM, actually, I don’t know much about pharmacy because the exposure of pharmacy is limited, the first thing that makes me interested to be a pharmacist is when I visited HUKM. I saw the pharmacist behind the dispensary counter.. therefore my interest on pharmacy was growing there and then..

Miss Genta : I see.. How about after your degree?

Sis Affidia : After degree, I attend my PRP for 1 year, and then continued FRP for 1 year, then currently I entered IIUM during FRP period but I was not in hospital setting, but in university. And I find place to pursue both local and oversea.

Miss Genta : Owh i see.. What is your daily routine as an academician?

Madam Affidia : Okay.. for the time being.. as academician and master-holder-to-be, I just only have few basic lectures such as pharmacy practice and calculations. Mostly, under pharmacy practice department, I have to monitor third and fourth year students for hospital attachment every Tuesday and Thursday. Hearing for the case presentation and give comments were the part of my job.

Miss Genta : Why you prefer to go in academia?

Madam Affidia : Owh.. The first reason is because it is easier for me to further my studies. Then it is easier for me as my husband also here.. He..

Miss Genta : Huhuhu, owh I almost forgot to ask you brother. Sorry.. actually, I am quite shy..:"> huhu, what was your background studies?

Bro  Shazly : :D (laugh) After SPM, i entered Matriculation Centre of IIUM, then continued degree for 4 years, I was the first batch in pharmacy here, then after graduated, I was doing my PRP in Melaka for 1 year, and during my FRP in TDM unit, IIUM called me and later continued my Master Degree in UM..

Miss Genta : How do you find the TDM unit is like? I think it's quite interesting and tough too..

Bro Shazly : TDM..hmm..for me, it is one of the unit where pharmacists are more superior than doctor.. They always seek for your advice.. TDM unit supervides narrow therapeutic indexes.. If you exceed the dose, it will become toxic, if you give less dose, it will not give any effect. So, you must good to cater.

Miss Genta : Owh I see... Sound scarry uh.. :| how you interested in this course?

Bro Shazly : At first, I applied medic, but I had been offered for pharmacy... in fact, we have competition with medical students as we were the 1st batch pharmacy students in IIUM.. And I struggled and took the challenged and proved to them that pharmacy students also can survived eventhough we are new students and study in their (Kuliyyah Of Medicine) building.. I was the first president of PSC.. One year later, PSC changed its name to iPHA..

Miss Genta : Owh I see.. You must be do some researches during your undergraduate right, brother? May you explain more about researches?

Bro Shazly : Of course lah..It will be not complete if you graduate without research.. The topics depends on your lecturer.. Doing research will help to increase your pointer.. Moreover, you will obtain extra knowledge and become stronger in facing the future regarding your career..

Miss Genta : Owh I see.. I also looking forward to do research too B-). Huhu. Seems like we had a long chat today.. Last question bro and madam, what is your advice for the pharmacy students out there?

Bro Shazly : Sincerely, when I was a student, there are very closed relationship among the members of each batch. The relationship between lecturers and students also just like a father with his son and a mother with her daughter. But now, I noticed that conditions have changed. Students are no longer greet lecturers with smile and salam. When we are students, we gave salam even to the cleaner, and until now, when I met her, she still noticed me and greet me. Sometimes, we often neglect these simple fishy things, but it may become significant in our life. They may help us one day. Come on.. let’s respect each other.. Who us that want to exaggerate the others..

Madam Affidia : In term of knowledge, please get to know more about medications.. Later, you will find it easier during 3rd and 4th year..

Miss Genta : I think it is better stop now.. Thank you very much for your time bro and madam.. I will inform you later when this conversation has been published in my blog..

Madam Affidia and Bro Shazly : Alright!! You are most welcome.. Do come again if you have anything to ask ok..good luck for you job!

Miss Genta : Ok.. thank you very much..Assalamu'alaikum..

Bro Shazly and Madam Affidia: Wa'alaikummussalam..

Walking out from their room, I jumped in euphoria. hooray~ Alhamdulillah for the work done. Hopfully it will help me to be a successful student and pharmacist one day soon. Ameen. A deepest gratitude to my handsome and sweet lecturer:

1. Bro Shazly Zhafry B. Ahmad Khairy
2. Madam Nurul Affidia Bt. Emran





Till now. Wassalam /bye

Let's continue your reading about the story of an experienced hospital and retail pharmacist cum lecturer, Madam Hadijah Samsudin : CLICK HERE

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to drop your feedback. I promised to hit you back
( ^.^ )